Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fun Interruptions?

Today we had a fun interruption.

I actually don't mind interruptions...most of the time. Not when I'm in the middle of grocery shopping and the kids are bombarding me with questions, usually sounding much like, "Can I have this? Can we get that? Can I go look at that? How much longer is this going to take?" (Then my answer is usually something like, "This is going to take much longer because you keep asking me all these questions and I can't think!! Aaak!!") And not when I'm in the middle of eating a hot meal. But, when it comes to things like housecleaning I definitely don't mind being interrupted! And, even when it comes to homeschooling I don't mind interruptions.

I had a good friend a few years (and states) ago who often stopped by unannounced with her kiddos and some food in hand (or in mind) and I loved her interruptions!! She'd end up staying for hours. I loved the time with this friend, and my kids loved the time with her kiddos!

Today's interruption was similar. A friend had asked us out to their house to ride horses. We couldn't go, so when they came into town to run some errands I told them to stop by to play. My boy had a buddy to play with and my girl went with my friend to sit in the car with her other little kiddos while she ran her errands. I knew this would mean some school wouldn't get done, but I also knew it would be good for us to see friends. (In the situation we're in now we don't have a home school group to be apart of, and can go days without seeing other people much.) Also, my girl got an opportunity to be helpful to someone else!

I love being flexible in our homeschooling. Maybe a little too much. I love it, and then look at the school that got shoved aside and wonder...

So, what about you?

Are you a little too flexible? How do you catch up on the school work, or do you not worry about it? Or, are you a little too scheduled and wish you could loosen up a bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment